As an Enterprise Tech Support Advisor you will assist in ensuring customer issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner for internal and external customers with our NetVault, vRanger and Rapid Recovery solutions suite. Communicate with other departments on technical issues related to the product.
• Provide timely troubleshooting and resolution for customer product cases.
• Resolves customer inquiries and issues on time, professionally and with a positive attitude to achieve customer satisfaction.
• Manages the customer relationship with respect to product issues.
• Communicate with product specialists and development to report and investigate customer issues.
• Proactively anticipate and prevent potential customer issues.
• Develops, tests and documents workarounds for known product issues. Contributes solutions to the knowledgebase.
• Maintains high standards of excellence and strong work ethics.
• Provide guidance, leadership, technical consultation and training to less experienced team members.
• University Degree in Computer Science or similar
• 3-4 years relevant work experience in vendor environment
Essential Support Skills
• Experience in a similar customer service work environment
• Must be independent, self-motivated, a team player and have a people-oriented personality
• Effective and efficient problem solving skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in fast paced, dynamic environment
• Able to be professional and have timely management of personal work load covering multiple problems
• Keep up to date with emerging technologies and current 3rd party platform versions
• Delivery of excellent customer service
Preferred Technical Skills
• Prior Technical Support experience or proven track record in system administration
• Previous customer support experience, or previous customer facing role with good interpersonal skills (written and spoken)
• Familiarity with debugging tools/techniques
• Understanding of SAN concepts and the SAN Fabric network – e.g. LUN provisioning, Zoning
• Ability to diagnose network and disk I/O related issues.
• Knowledge of Enterprise Backup and Recovery software
• Technical writing skills
• Additional language skills are highly desirable