Software Dev Staff Engineer
We are on a quest to make your information technology work harder for you. That’s why we build community-driven software solutions that help you spend less time on IT administration and more time on business innovation. We help you modernize your data center, get you to the cloud quicker and provide the expertise, security and accessibility you need to grow your data-driven business. Combined with Quest’s invitation to the global community to be a part of its innovation, as well as our firm commitment to ensuring customer satisfaction, we will continue to deliver solutions that have a real impact on our customers today and leave a legacy we’re proud of. We are challenging the status quo by transforming into a new software company. And as your partner, we’ll work tirelessly to make sure your information technology is designed for you and by you. This is our mission, and we’re in this together. Welcome to a new Quest. You are invited to Join the Innovation.
We are looking for motivated self-driven thought leaders and engineers to build a brand new SaaS services platform for Quest Data Protection. This will involve designing, developing and delivering services platform for variety of customers that will protect, manage and store their data center objects. This is an excellent opportunity to work with cutting edge cloud technologies and services platforms to build innovative patent-ready applications.
Responsible for implementation, test, automating and maintenance of software modules to a high-quality standard
• Able to work in various layers of the software stack
• Ability to work in a fast paced and challenging environment
• Communicate and collaborate among cross-functional teams in a multinational environment
• Participating in Agile development activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, retrospectives and demos.
BE / B.Tech / ME / M.Tech / MS / M.Sc / MCA
• 6+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Passion for writing and maintaining sustainable code
• Ability to collaborate with fellow developers and architects in an iterative process to create simple solutions.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, enthusiasm and motivation.
• Hands-on, in-depth understanding of C/C++
• Comfortable working and developing code in both Windows and Linux environments, and able to write Linux/Unix Shell and Windows batch and PowerShell scripts.
• Understanding of File System and Block Storage products is a plus but not required
• Understanding/experience in virtualization, databases like SQL, Oracle
• Experience with backend database systems such as Postgres and MongoDB
• Desire and ability to methodically and thoroughly debug difficult problems