We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to take a leadership role within Quest’s Platform Management Group. The position will involve managing the development of existing products in our portfolio, adopting operational efficiency and driving continual process improvement. The candidate would work closely with the rest of the management team to make the Toronto development lab a center of excellence, as well as a great place to work for all our employees.
An ideal candidate will bring a combination of inspirational leadership and people skills, as well as a sound technical expertise, in order to motivate and guide various projects in our Lab. Their experience bringing together multi-functional and remote teams will help us execute on various initiatives. Being customer focused and having a track record of delivering quality projects on time is crucial. Above all, the perfect candidate can work through challenging situations by motivating the teams to innovatively create a path to success
· Responsible for technical development management of multiple projects & products.
· Create detailed development plans, prioritize work assignments and assign projects based on available resources.
· Oversee the implementation of strategic priorities as concrete deliverables.
· Work collaboratively with a diverse team of developers, QA analysts, technical writers, product managers, and other stakeholders.
· Help drive a quality-first mentality through a best of breed process and tools.
· Set clear objectives for direct reports and compare deliverables against objectives.
· Keep teams motivated, focused, and adapting to business needs in order to deliver quality products by deadlines.
· Collaborate with the support team in order to help manage and prioritize customer escalations.