Quest is an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems. Since 1987, we’ve been reducing the time and money our customers spend on IT administration, so they can invest more on business innovation. With more than 100,000 customers in 100 countries, we emphasize innovation, strong community with customers and partners, and ongoing support throughout our customers’ journey.
A challenging career opportunity is open for a versatile leader with a vision for creatively using proactive support, knowledge sharing and business acumen in the global, rapidly-evolving shared services support organization. This role engages with senior leaders in support while interfacing with business unit leadership to help guide the best possible customer experience. You will help design and develop strategic zero demand initiatives that improve the bottom line, provide more value to customers via proactive support to accelerate maintenance revenue growth, ensure effective service delivery, and expedite Quest’s business transformation.
Manage a team of technical support representatives that provide complex, consultative technical support to mid-size and enterprise clients for one or more of Quest products to provide unrivalled, timely technical support for Quest customers and prospects consistent with technical support values.
- Attracts, hires, retains, organizes, develops, manages, recognizes, and rewards a motivated workforce capable of achieving short and long-range business objectives within company policies and procedures.
- Leads and participates in working with other Quest departments to provide proactive, responsive, and timely solutions to customer and product issues.
- Leads and participates in the management of customer case escalations.
- Participates as a proactive member of the Quest management team by setting high standards throughout the Technical Support department and contributes to the company as follows:
• Meets or exceeds short- and long-term global operating results.
• Takes accountability and resolves any issues preventing the achievement of timely, quality, and cost effective results.
• Takes strategic risks toward achieving operational excellence.
• Maintains high standards of excellence and strong work ethics.
• Ensures appropriate systems, policies, budgets, controls, and procedures are in place to support sound, legal practices in support of the strategic direction of the business.
• Prior Technical Support Management experience or proven track record in team leading or managerial role in a fast paced highly technical environment.
• Be familiar with Support methodologies and a proven track record of high performing technical service-orientated teams.
• Demonstrated experience in building and growing Support delivery teams
• Prior customer facing role with good interpersonal skills (written and spoken)
• Experience of managing or leading teams across multiple countries
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Ability to travel for customer and office visits
• Technical writing skills
• Experience with Sharepoint, Exchange, Office 365 and Migration tools is an advantage
• Knowledge of and experience with Support delivery tools such as Siebel CRM, OBIEE Analytics, SalesForce.com, Oracle Financials, LiveHelpNow Chat, GoToMeeting and WebEX is an advantage.