Software Development Senior/Staff Engineer
The candidate will join the development team of Foglight Core Platform and Foglight for Virtualization. This team will be primarily responsible for building next-generation Data Protection Cloud Portal, Foglight Core Platform and Virtualization Monitoring solution on top of Foglight. The candidates in this position are expected to have solid skills on Java, cloud platforms, micro-service architecture, database design for Data Protection Cloud Portal.
Data Protection Cloud Portal
Quest's next-generation multi-tenant cloud platform for data protection, monitoring and optimization.
- Working closely with Cloud Architect on cloud portal architecture design, technical evaluation, technical research and technical prototypes.
- Leads or participates in micro services design, RESTful API design, application containerization, multi-tenant design and horizontal scale.
- Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products
- Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including customer usability studies
- Creates technical documentation of software products/solutions
- Drives idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product
- Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Serves as mentor for junior engineers
- BS Degree or above, good at OOA/OOD development standards and practices.
- At least 5+ years’ development experience as a chief programmer in Java.
- Experience with RESTful API design, microservices design, development, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
- Experience with one or more cloud offerings: such as AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2), Azure, Google
- Experience in designing cloud applications and migrating applications to the Cloud.
- Experience with Container technologies, such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, DC/OS or Docker Swarm.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Comfortable working in Linux environment, and able to write Linux/Unix Shell script.
- Good communication with English.
- Strong ability to quickly perform proof-of-concepts for validating new technology or approach.
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, open mind, and demonstrated analytical thinking, adaptability, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Experiences in Development or Operation of cloud platform with large volume of data and tenants.
- Experiences in virtualization infrastructure domains, as VMware, Hyper-V, Openstack and KVM, etc.
- Experiences in other script languages such as: Go, Node.js, Python etc.