Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Privacy and Security Leadership
- Responsible for the strategic leadership of the BU's privacy and information security program.
- Provide guidance and counsel to the VP of Engineering, technology leadership, and engineering leaders within the BU in defining objectives for information security, while building relationships and goodwill.
- Establish annual and long-range security and compliance goals, define security strategies, metrics, reporting mechanisms and program services; and create maturity models and a roadmap for continual program improvements.
- Stay abreast of information security issues and regulatory changes affecting all customer industries that would impact Quest as a software vendor. Engage in professional development to maintain continual growth in professional skills and knowledge essential to the position.
- Respond to all sales inquiries and Requests for Information on Quest Information Management BU’s processes and procedures around privacy and information security
Policy, Compliance, and Audit
- Lead the development and implementation of effective and reasonable policies and practices to secure protected and sensitive data and ensure information security and compliance with relevant legislation and legal interpretation.
- Lead efforts to internally assess, evaluate and make recommendations to management regarding the adequacy of the security controls for the Information Management BU
- Work with outside consultants as appropriate on required security assessments and audits.
- Coordinate and track all information technology and security related audits including scope of audits, timelines, auditing agencies and outcomes. Work with auditors as appropriate to keep audit focus in scope, maintain excellent relationships with audit entities and provide a consistent perspective that continually puts the BU in its best light. Provide guidance, evaluation and advocacy on audit responses.
- Work with BU leadership and relevant responsible compliance department leadership to build cohesive security and compliance programs for the BU to effectively address state and federal statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Develop a strategy for dealing with increasing number of audits, compliance checks and external assessment processes for internal/external auditors, GDPR, PCI-DSS, ITAR, HIPAA, and FISMA.
Risk Management and Incident Response
- Keep abreast of security incidents and act as primary control point during significant information security incidents. Convene a Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) as needed, or requested, in addressing and investigating security incidences that arise.
- Convene Ad Hoc Security Committee as appropriate and provide leadership for breach response and notification actions for the BU.
- Develop, implement and administer technical security standards, as well as a suite of security services and tools to address and mitigate security risk.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in assessing and evaluating information security risks and monitor compliance with security standards and appropriate policies.
- Examine impacts of new technologies on the BU’s overall information security. Establish processes to review implementation of new technologies to ensure security compliance.