CI and CD Engineer for Micro Services in Public Cloud - Kanata
Quest Software is looking for an experienced software engineer to join an agile development team in Kanata. This team is building commercial software which simplifies and improves the management of critical enterprise data. The candidate will be working in a highly agile, SCRUM team and using the latest of technologies and coding environments. We are looking for candidates that can communicate and collaborate well with local and remote team members with different cultural background.
You are part of the global DevOps team that supports a SaaS product line consisting of several products that are developed world wide. You will wear two hats: You will be an embedded member of the local development teams, owning deployments, CI/CD infrastructure, configuring production monitoring and other important DevOps related development. You are also part of the global SaaS Operations team supporting all SaaS products that operate under a common platform.
You will participate in the daily local product Scrum and also own items in the global DevOps backlog as needed to implement a consistent SaaS environment. You will work with local priorities while being part of a global SaaS agenda and strategy.
All DevOps team members perform operational work that is rotated and may occasionally include on-call periods.
What you will do:
- Maintain CI/CD Tooling in a Jenkins/JIRA/Artifactory/Git ecosystem. You should also not be opposed to working with VSTS.
- Assist with automated testing using Selenium, Fitnesse, Saucelabs, and other common tools
- Participate in releases, deliveries and deployments in an operational capacity
- Configure and setup production monitoring for Saas products and micro services
- Monitor the products in production, diagnose, resolve and escalate issues in collaboration with the development team
- Build scripts and tooling to automate common SaaS operations activities
- Be an active member of the on-call schedule for multiple SaaS services as part of a global operations team. We make every effort to provide a healthy work/life balance.
- Provide Level 2 support in an operational capacity
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Experience with CI/CD tools and concepts such as Jenkins (preferred), Team City, or VSTS
- Experience with build tooling, preferably for .node.js, python, and C# applications
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code tools concepts like ARM templates or AWS CloudFormation
- Good working knowledge of Azure (preferred) and AWS
- Proficient in one or more of the following languages: Powershell, Bash, Python, Groovy
- Comfortable with git version control and common branching concepts
- Experience with distributed monitoring and logging tools, preferably NewRelic and Elastic stack or App Insights (Azure)
- Experience in Windows and Linux system administration
- Experience with PaaS, microservices, serverless architectures and container technologies
- Experience with SCRUM or KanBan project management
- Experience working in a team which follows DevOps practices
- At least 2 years’ experience operating a public facing SaaS