Software Staff Test Engineer
Quest Software enables organizations of all sizes to better secure, manage, monitor, protect, and analyze information and infrastructure in order to help fuel innovation and drive businesses forward. When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to build and develop products at scale. Our product portfolio serves a large base of customers and we are addressing the strategic imperatives for enterprise businesses. Working with some of the most talented employees the industry has to offer, we provide enhanced career opportunities for team members to learn and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
We are currently looking for a Software Staff Test Engineer to be a part of our Data Protection (DP) Test Engineering team in Hyderabad India.
- Responsible for understanding and testing specific features using manual testing and automation.
- Writes the test plan for the feature using expertise and inputs from others.
- Writes the test cases for the feature and any other needed documentation.
- Ability test test a specific features or management applications using data protection knowledge and expertise.
- Ability to work with the subject matter experts when questions arise to keep project moving forward in a timely fashion.
- Works well with lab members and other QA personel.
- Able to assist outside of QA as needed to reproduce customer issues.
- Executes the test cases as required
- Adds ad-hoc test cases to close gaps and extend test coverage
- Finds and reports defects
- Works effectively with Dev to resolve defects and dig deeper into assigned projects
-Around 7+ Years of experience.
- Computer science Engineering (BE/MTech/MCA) graduate from reputed university/college with good academic records
-Demonstrable verbal and written communication skills
-Ability to learn quickly and think analytically
-Automation and scripting experience
-Active listening skills
-Experience utilizing Confluence, JIRA and Scrum
-Working understanding of data protection and storage management