The Sales Engineer’s primary responsibility is to provide pre sales technical assistance necessary to achieve the region’s
quota, which includes Quest Unified Endpoint Management business in the preferred accounts sectors.
- Travel within the region as needed to close business with customers in the region
- Responsible for demonstrating the Quest Unified Endpoint Management product lines and actively driving and
managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key
technical advisor and product advocate for our products
- Deliver a solution-driven presentation to both business and technical users
- Identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the
- Establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle
- Work with the regional sales team to support sales and marketing events inside the region
- Windows OS platforms
- Troubleshooting experience
- Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Highly motivated and possess excellent work ethic, energy, initiative and a team attitude
- Presentation skills including the ability to clearly communicate complex technical concepts visually and orally
- Must be comfortable presenting in person to small and large groups of people
- Strong written communication skills and customer service skills
- 5-7 years relevant experience in technology pre-sales
- Experience and familiarity with Systems Management or other IT solutions
- Flexibility and ability to be a team player in a small organization environment
- Ethical and disciplined
- A B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
- Networking: working knowledge of routers, hubs and switches
- The SE should have knowledge of network infrastructures to better facilitate a successful implementation for the
- Linux/Unix skills
- TCP/IP and DHCP
- Experience with bare metal imaging solutions a plus
- Passionate about technology and processes-oriented
- Macintosh/Linux Platform knowledge
- Have experience using Systems Management products such as LANDesk/Microsoft SCCM/Symantec Altiris/Kaseya/etc.
- Have experience using IT Service Management products such as FrontRange/BMC/Cherwell/Microsoft Service Manager/etc.
- Have experience using Mobile Device Management products such as Mobile Iron/MAS360/Zenprise/AirWatch/Meraki/etc.
- Work experience dealing with Small, Medium and large enterprise customers