Software Development Senior/Staff Engineer
The candidate will join the development team of Foglight Core Platform and Foglight for Virtualization. This team will be primarily responsible for building next-generation Data Protection Cloud Portal, Foglight Core Platform and Virtualization Monitoring solution on top of Foglight. The candidates in this position are expected to have solid skills on C#, cloud platforms, micro-service architecture, database design for Data Protection Cloud Portal.
Data Protection Cloud Portal
Quest's next-generation multi-tenant cloud platform for data protection, monitoring and optimization.
Quest is an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems. Since 1987, we’ve been reducing the time and money our customers spend on IT administration, so they can invest more on business innovation. With more than 100,000 customers in 100 countries, we emphasize innovation, strong community with customers and partners, and ongoing support throughout our customers’ journey.
Quest strives to be the best of the very best in everything we do. We are fanatically customer focused and are proud to support the most complex customers who have the highest IT demands in the world. It’s exciting, it’s rewarding, it’s hard work and offers career and personal growth.
- Working closely with Cloud Architect on cloud portal architecture design, technical evaluation, technical research and technical prototypes.
- Leads or participates in micro services design, RESTful API design, application containerization, multi-tenant design and horizontal scale.
- Leads or participates in the software development lifecycle, which includes research, new development, modification, security, correction of errors, reuse, re-engineering and maintenance of software products
- Gathers business requirements and participates in product definition and feature prioritization, including customer usability studies
- Creates technical documentation of software products/solutions
- Drives idea generation for new software products, or for the next version of an existing product
- Responsible for the delivery of products within budget, schedule and quality guidelines.
- Serves as mentor for junior engineers
- BS Degree or above, good at OOA/OOD development standards and practices.
- At least 3+ years’ development experience as a chief programmer in C#.
- Experiences in Development of ASP.NET Core(MVC/Web/Web API), Owin, Swagger, Windsor
- Experience in designing cloud applications and migrating applications to the Cloud.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Redis, etc.
- Good communication with English.
- Strong ability to quickly perform proof-of-concepts for validating new technology or approach.
- Strong ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, open mind, and demonstrated analytical thinking, adaptability, enthusiasm and motivation.
- Experiences in Development or Operation of cloud platform with large volume of data and tenants.
- Experiences in other script languages such as: Node.js, Python etc.
- Experience with RESTful API design, microservices design, development, automated testing, continuous integration, continuous delivery.
Quest Software enables organizations of all sizes to better secure, manage, monitor, protect, and analyze information and infrastructure in order to help fuel innovation and drive their businesses forward. With over 3,500 team members around the globe, we intend to continue to grow revenues and add value to customers.
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to build and develop products at a scale few others can provide. Our product portfolio serves a large base of customers and we are addressing the strategic imperatives for enterprise businesses. Working with some of the most talented employees the industry has to offer, we provide enhanced career opportunities for team members to learn and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
Why work with us?
- Life at Quest means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Quest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Quest is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Quest are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Quest will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Quest encourages applicants of all ages.