The candidate will join the UCD team of Foglight Core Platform and Foglight for Virtualization. This team will be primarily responsible for building next-generation Data Protection Cloud Portal, Foglight Core Platform and Virtualization Monitoring solution on top of Foglight. The candidate will apply Lean UX and Design Thinking practices in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, distributed environment. In this position, strong communication, technical aptitude, and creative problem solving skills are essential. We are looking for a designer who is highly capable in interaction design as well as user research methodologies. While beautiful visual design is a plus, top candidates will be experts in critically designing and evaluating workflows in modern, complex applications.
Quest is an award-winning IT management software provider offering a broad selection of solutions that solve some of the most common and most challenging IT problems. Since 1987, we’ve been reducing the time and money our customers spend on IT administration, so they can invest more on business innovation. With more than 100,000 customers in 100 countries, we emphasize innovation, strong community with customers and partners, and ongoing support throughout our customers’ journey.
Quest strives to be the best of the very best in everything we do. We are fanatically customer focused and are proud to support the most complex customers who have the highest IT demands in the world. It’s exciting, it’s rewarding, it’s hard work and offers career and personal growth.
- Collaborate with other members of the UCD team, product managers, developers, and other stakeholders to define and evaluate detailed product requirements.
- Become an expert on our products, intimately familiar with all aspects of the end-to-end user experience and the customers who use our products.
- Model the User-Centered Design process in all work, advocating for the customer experience and data-informed decision making.
- Develop user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes to illustrate design ideas.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Communicate designs concisely and clearly through Jira tickets, and other written and verbal means to a distributed global team.
- Conduct interviews, usability testing, and use other qualitative and quantitative research methods to drive and evaluate designs based on the strategic vision for the product.
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- BS degree in a UX-related discipline (Masters degree preferred).
- 3+ years of experience as a UX designer/researcher.
- Proven background in UX methodologies.
- Experience gathering both qualitative and quantitative data to drive design decisions and prioritization.
- Proven technical competence and ability to quickly learn new complex technologies in the IT industry.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail, a risk mitigation mindset, and exceptional communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, user flows and process flows.
- Be open to receiving objective criticism and improving upon it
- Good communication with English.