We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to take a leadership role within Quest’s Platform Management Group. This group has several new initiatives to innovate and build upon existing products for new SaaS offerings. The position would also involve development management for existing product portfolio adopting operational efficiency and continual process improvement. The candidate would work closely with the rest of the management team to make the lab a center of excellence as well as a great place to work for all our employees.
You will bring a combination of inspirational people leadership and sound technical expertise to motivate and guide various projects in our Kanata Lab. Your experience bringing together multi-functional and third-party teams will help us execute on various initiatives we have ongoing. Customer focused, you have a track record of delivering projects on time and quality. Above all, you are able to work through challenging situations, motivating the teams to innovate and can create structured paths to success, this role is for you.
· Responsible for technical development management of multiple projects & products
· Creates detailed development plans, prioritizes work assignments and assigns projects based on available resources.
· Oversees the implementation of strategic priorities as concrete deliverables.
· Works collaboratively with a diverse team of developers, QA engineers, documentation writers and product managers.
· Helps drive a quality first mentality through best of breed process and tools
· Sets clear objectives for direct reports and compares deliverables against objectives
· Keeps teams motivated, focused and adapting to business needs to deliver on time and quality
· 5 years or above of management experience leading software projects
· Proven management skills and the ability to lead, motivate, and develop a team of engineering professionals capable of achieving aggressive business goals and objectives.
· Experience managing offshore development teams a plus.
· Knowledge of industry standard software best practices, development lifecycle processes and Agile and SCRUM methodologies.
· Strong knowledge, understanding and hands-on experience with the tools used throughout the software development lifecycle.
· Knowledge of Quality Assurance best principles, practices, and policies.
· 4-year university education with an emphasis in Computer Science or an engineering field