Quest is looking for a Cloud Software Engineer who has experience creating both pure Cloud solutions in the areas of cloud storage, analytics, cloud services and/or adding cloud connected capabilities to on premise systems.
To be successful you must be very technical (hands on) and have deep technical understanding of process and approaches. You will champion and leverage the latest industry cloud technical trends and technology and apply these technologies where they add value to Quest. You will ensure the architecture incorporates best in class technology with an eye towards embracing and leveraging cloud technology, scalability, performance, ease of use and a high level of quality. You will work in a fast paced environment with an experienced and highly technical team of Quest engineers to solve a wide variety of unique and complex problems.
· Build software that spans custom hardware, cloud based software-as-a-service, and big-data analytics.
· Hands on experience creating Linux based software solutions
· Must be hands on – in depth understanding of C/C++
· Experience in Java, Python and Powershell
· Understanding of File System and Block Storage products is a plus but not required
· Hands on experience creating well-architected REST APIs
· Knowledge of hypervisors - preferably ESX or Hyper-v
· Experience in security for single, distributed systems and cloud services is desirable
· Experience with modern technologies such as Cassandra, Kafka, etc. a plus but not required
· A deep understanding of large scale computing solutions, with hands on experience designing database architectures and specifying security requirements.
· Must have knowledge of cloud security best practices.
· Experience with one or more cloud offerings: such as AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2), Azure, Google
· Experience in designing cloud applications and migrating applications to the Cloud
· Experience with AWS cloud provider and related services EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, Lambda, VPC, IAM, and Security Groups
· Experience with containers and other cloud management software (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
· Experience working on Scrum teams is a plus but not required
· BS in CS, EE or related field
· Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a software development