The protection of Quest’s Intellectual Property (IP) from unauthorized use and copyright infringement is paramount to the continued success of our business. However, we must also strike a balance to ensure that we foster ongoing relationships with our customers. We must be fair, efficient, and consistent in our approach toward protecting Quest’s IP. To accomplish these combined goals, Quest has designated a specific Software License Compliance (Compliance) team within Quest’s Legal Department.
The License Entitlement team focuses on accurately capturing and analyzing Quests customer’s software licenses owned. This team works in conjunction with IT, Finance, Sales and Procurement teams, to collect and analyze data from disparate systems. The collection of this work is then used to determine if a customer is adequately licensed in relation to their software license entitlements. These objectives are achieved through data management and analysis, leveraging an enterprise software asset management system that supports Quest License Compliance policy and process.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in license management roles, preferably for a multi-national organization, including in the following areas:
- Functional knowledge of software license metrics, tools and industry leading practices, and policies;
- Operating procedures with IT, IT Procurement and software licensing, IT Service Management, and SAM procedures;
- IT sourcing and procurement lifecycle, various software and supplier licensing models, and both the interpretation and negotiation of software licensing terms and policies;
- Enterprise software license agreements (including perpetual, subscription and cloud models), supplier licensing terms and conditions, terminology and policies with suppliers such as Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, VMware, etc;
-3+ years of relevant job experience or combination of experience and education
- Building and maintaining relationships across many different functions and organization levels, and engage other teams to drive cross functional efforts;
- Operating successfully in a virtual office and global environment while remaining flexible to changing demands;
- Using strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills to manage stakeholders expectations and accountability;
- Contributing to the development of new intellectual capital through the creation and updating of standard operating procedures and policies to be leveraged by team;
- Understanding of the deployment and entitlement rights of software licensed by Quest;
- Understanding and communicating the allocation of licenses;
- Executing tasks to report on relevant software metrics and analyses.
Quest Software enables organizations of all sizes to better secure, manage, monitor, protect, and analyze information and infrastructure in order to help fuel innovation and drive their businesses forward. With over 3,500 team members around the globe, we intend to continue to grow revenues and add value to customers.
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to build and develop products at a scale few others can provide. Our product portfolio serves a large base of customers and we are addressing the strategic imperatives for enterprise businesses. Working with some of the most talented employees the industry has to offer, we provide enhanced career opportunities for team members to learn and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
Why work with us?
- Life at Quest means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Quest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Quest is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Quest are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Quest will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Quest encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at https://www.quest.com/company/careers.aspx